zoukankan      html  css  js  c++  java
  • New Concept English Two 17 43

    $课文41  你把那个叫帽子吗?

    422. 'Do you call that a hat?' I said to my wife.

            “你把那个叫帽子吗?”我对妻子说。

    423. 'You needn't be so rude about it,' my wife answered as she looked at herself in the mirror.

            “你说话没必要这样不客气,”我的妻子边回答边照着镜子。

    424. I sat down on one of those modern chairs with holes in it and waited.

            我坐在一个新式的满是网眼儿的椅子上,等待着。

    425. We had been in the hat shop for half an hour and my wife was still in front of the mirror.

            我们在这家帽店已经呆了半个小时了,而我的妻子仍在镜子面前。

    426. 'We mustn't buy things we don't need,' I remarked suddenly. I regretted saying it almost at once.

            “我们不应该买我们不需要的东西,”我突然发表意见说,但马上又后悔说了这话。

    427. 'You needn't have said that,' my wife answered.

            “你没必要这么说,”我妻子回答说,“

    428. I needn't remind you of that terrible tie you bought yesterday.

            我也不必提醒你昨天买的那条糟糕透了的领带。”

    429. 'I find it beautiful,' I said. 'A man can never have too many ties.'

            “我觉得它好看,”我说,“男人有多少领带也不会嫌多。”

    430. 'And a woman can't have too many hats,' she answered.

            “女人有多少帽子也不嫌多。”她回答。

    431. Ten minutes later we walked out of the shop together.

            10分钟以后,我们一道走出了商店。

    432. My wife was wearing a hat that looked like a lighthouse!

            我妻子戴着一顶像灯塔一样的帽子。

    $课文42  并非很懂音乐

    433. As we had had a long walk through one of the markets of old Delhi, we stopped at a square to have a rest.

            当我们穿过旧德里的市场时走了很长一段路,我们在一个广场上停下来休息。

    434. After a time, we noticed a snake charmer with two large baskets at the other side of the square, so we went to have a look at him.

            过了一会儿,我们注意到广场的那一边有一个带着两个大筐的耍蛇人,于是就走过去看看。

    435. As soon as he saw us, he picked up a long pipe which was covered with coins and opened one of the baskets.

            他一见我们,就拿起了一个长长的上面镶有硬币的管乐器,并掀开了一个筐的盖子。

    436. When he began to play a tune, we had our first glimpse of the snake.

            当他开始吹奏一支曲子时,我们才第一次看到那条蛇。

    437. It rose out of the basket and began to follow the movements of the pipe.

            它从筐里探出身子,随着乐器的摆动而扭动。

    438. We were very much surprised when the snake charmer suddenly began to play jazz and modern pop songs.

            当耍蛇人突然又吹奏起爵士乐和现代流行乐曲时,

    439. The snake, however, continued to 'dance' slowly.

            我们感到非常惊奇。然而那蛇却还是缓慢地“舞动”着。

    440. It obviously could not tell the difference between Indian music and jazz!

            显然,它分辨不出印度音乐和爵士乐!

    $课文43  飞越南极

    441. In 1929, three years after his flight over the North Pole, the American explorer, R.E. Byrd,successfully flew over the South Pole for the first time.

            美国探险家 R.E. 伯德在飞越北极3年之后,于1929年第一次飞越了南极。

    442. Though, at first, Byrd and his men were able to take a great many photographs of the mountains that lay below,

            虽然开始时伯德和他的助手们拍下了飞机下面连绵群山的大量照片,

    443. they soon ran into serious trouble.

            但他们很快就陷入了困境。

    444. At one point, it seemed certain that their plane would crash.

            在有个地方,飞机似乎肯定要坠毁了。

    445. It could only get over the mountains if it rose to 10,000 feet.

            只有在飞至10,000英尺的高度时,它才能飞过这些山头。

    446. Byrd at once ordered his men to throw out two heavy food sacks.

            伯德马上命令他的助手们把两个沉重的食物袋扔掉,

    447. The plane was then able to rise and it cleared the mountains by 400 feet.

            于是飞机可以上升了,它在离山头400英尺的高度飞越了过去。

    448. Byrd now knew that he would be able to reach the South Pole which was 300 miles away,

            伯德这时知道他能够顺利飞抵300英里以外的南极了,

    449. for there were no more mountains in sight.

            因为前面再没有山了。

    450. The aircraft was able to fly over the endless white plains without difficulty.

            飞机可以毫无困难地飞过这片茫茫无际的白色原野!

  • 相关阅读:
    hbase性能调优_表设计案例
    ItemCF_基于物品的协同过滤_MapReduceJava代码实现思路
    TF-IDF_MapReduceJava代码实现思路
    Hive HQL学习
    一对多(多对一)关系中的inverse和cascade属性
    Hive_UDF函数中集合对象初始化的注意事项
    kafka producer生产数据到kafka异常:Got error produce response with correlation id 16 on topic-partition...Error: NETWORK_EXCEPTION
    Kafka中操作topic时 Error:Failed to parse the broker info from zookeeper
    keepalived VS zookeeper
    算法--链表的回文结构
  • 原文地址:https://www.cnblogs.com/huangbaobaoi/p/7476746.html
Copyright © 2011-2022 走看看