zoukankan      html  css  js  c++  java
  • New Concept English Two 26 70

    $课文68  纠缠不休

    712. I crossed the street to avoid meeting him, but he saw me and came running towards me.

            我穿过马路以便避开他,但他看到我并朝我跑过来。

    713. It was no use pretending that I had not seen him, so I waved to him.

            若再装作没看见他已是没有用了,我只好向他招手。

    714. I never enjoy meeting Nigel Dykes.

            我就怕遇到奈杰尔.戴克斯。

    715. He never has anything to do.

            他从来都是无事可做,

    716. No matter how busy you are, he always insists on coming with you.

            不管你多忙,他总是坚持要跟你去。

    717. I had to think of a way of preventing him from following me around all morning.

            我得想办法不让他整个上午缠着我。

    718. 'Hello, Nigel,' I said. 'Fancy meeting you here!'

            “你好,奈杰尔,想不到在这儿见到你。”我说。

    719. 'Hi, Elizabeth,' Nigel answered.

            “你好,伊丽莎白,”奈杰尔回答说,

    720. I was just wondering how to spend the morning -- until I saw you.

            “我正不知道怎么消磨这一上午呢,正好见到好。

    721. You're not busy doing anything, are you?

            你不忙,是吗?”

    722. 'No, not at all,' I answered. 'I'm going to...'

            “不,不忙,我打算去......”我回答。

    723. 'Would you mind my coming with you?' he asked, before I had finished speaking.

            “我跟你一道去行吗?”没等我说完话他就问道。

    724. 'Not at all,' I lied, 'but I'm going to the dentist.'

            “没关系,但我准备去牙医那里。”我说了个谎。

    725. 'Then I'll come with you,' he answered. 'There's always plenty to read in the waiting room!

            “那我也跟你去,候诊室里总有很多东西可供阅读!”他回答。

    $课文69  并非谋杀!

    726. I was being tested for a driving licence for the third time.

            我第3次接受驾驶执照考试。

    727. I had been asked to drive in heavy traffic and had done so successfully.

            按照要求在车辆拥挤的路上驾驶,我圆满地完成了。

    728. After having been instructed to drive out of town, I began to acquire confidence.

            在接到把车开出城的指令后,我开始有了信心。

    729. Sure that I had passed, I was almost beginning to enjoy my test.

            确信我已通过考试,所以我几乎开始喜欢起这次考试。

    730. The examiner must have been pleased with my performance, for he smiled and said.

            主考人对我的驾驶想必是满意的,因为他微笑着说:

    731. Just one more thing, Mr.Eames.

            “埃姆斯先生,只剩1项了。

    732. Let us suppose that a child suddenly crosses the road in front of you.

            让我们假设一个小孩子突然在你前面穿过马路。

    733. As soon as I tap on the window, you must stop within five feet.

            我一敲车窗,你必须把车停在5英尺之内。”

    734. I continued driving and after some time, the examiner tapped loudly.

            我继续往前开着。过了一会儿,主考人砰砰地敲了起来。

    735. Though the sound could be heard clearly, it took me a long time to react.

            虽然声音听得很清楚,但我过了好一会儿才作出反应。

    736. I suddenly pressed the brake pedal hard and we were both thrown forward.

            我突然用力踩紧刹车踏板,结果我俩的身体都向前冲去。

    737. The examiner looked at me sadly.

            主考人伤心地看着我。

    738. 'Mr.Eames,' he said, in a mournful voice, 'you have just killed that child!'

            “埃姆斯先生,”他以悲伤的声调说,“你刚刚把那个小孩压死了!”

    $课文70  危险的红色

    739. During a bullfight, a drunk suddenly wandered into the middle of the ring.

            在一次斗牛时,一个醉汉突然溜达到斗牛场中间,

    740. The crowd began to shout, but the drunk was unaware of the danger.

            人们开始大叫起来,但醉汉却没有意识到危险。

    741. The bull was busy with the matador at the time,

            当时那公牛正忙于对付斗牛士,

    742. but it suddenly caught sight of the drunk who was shouting rude remarks and waving a red cap.

            但突然它看见了醉汉,只见他正大声说着粗鲁的话,手里挥动着一顶红帽子。

    743. Apparently sensitive to criticism, the bull forgot all about the matador and charged at the drunk.

            对挑衅显然非常敏感的公牛完全撇开斗牛士,直奔醉汉而来。

    744. The crowd suddenly grew quiet.

            观众突然静了下来,

    745. The drunk, however, seemed quite sure of himself.

            可这醉汉像是很有把握似的。

    746. When the bull got close to him, he clumsily stepped aside to let it pass.

            当公牛逼近他时,他踉跄地住旁边一闪,牛扑空了。

    747. The crowd broke into cheers and the drunk bowed.

            观众欢呼起来,醉汉向人们鞠躬致谢。

    748. By this time, however, three men had come into the ring and they quickly dragged the drunk to safety.

            然而,此时已有3个人进入斗牛场,迅速把醉汉拉到安全的地方。

    749. Even the bull seemed to feel sorry for him,

            好像连牛也在为他感到遗憾,

    750. for it looked on sympathetically until the drunk was out of the way

            因为它一直同情地看着醉汉,直到他的背影消逝,

    751. before once more turning its attention to the matador.

            才重新将注意力转向斗牛士。

  • 相关阅读:
    AutoLayout相关
    Xcode
    ios 如何更改包名
    xcode 没有 iphone 模拟器
    使用asi请求的步骤
    caseInsensitiveCompare : 不区分大小写的 字符串比较
    封装的网路请求类
    石材网..搜索时无法正常返回数据 转码问题 (URL中用到的编码解码问题)
    谈一下我对于指针的理解
    IOS面试题--004
  • 原文地址:https://www.cnblogs.com/huangbaobaoi/p/7524368.html
Copyright © 2011-2022 走看看