"Nobody will believe that, you know."
“你知道吗没有人会相信会是这样的”
His voice held an edge of derision now.
现在他的声音已经在嘲笑的边缘了。
他的声音现在几近于嘲讽。
"I'm not going to tell anybody."
“我没有告诉任何人。”
“我不会告诉任何人。”
I said each word slowly, carefully controlling my anger.
我每个词都说的很慢,小心的控制着我的愤怒。
Surprise flitted across his face.
惊喜掠过他的脸。
惊讶的神色在他脸上一闪而过。
"Then why does it matter?"
“那么那有什么问题呢?”
“那么,说这些又有什么用呢?”
"It matters to me," I insisted. "I don't like to lie — so there'd better be a good reason why I'm doing it."
“这是我的问题,”我坚持道。“我不喜欢说谎——所以最好有一个好的原因为什么我要说谎。”
“这对我很重要。”我坚持着。“我不喜欢撒谎——所以最好能有一个让我这样干的理由。”
"Can't you just thank me and get over it?"
“你不能就只是谢谢我然后这事就过去了吗?”
"Thank you." I waited, fuming and expectant.
“谢谢你。”我等待,着急和期待。
“谢谢。”我等着,怒气冲冲地期待着。
"You're not going to let it go, are you?"
“你不能忘了这件事是吗?”
“你不会就这样算了的,对吧?”
"No."
“不能”
"In that case… I hope you enjoy disappointment."
“这样的话。。。我希望你能享受失望。”
We scowled at each other in silence.
我们互相怒视着对方。
I was the first to speak, trying to keep myself focused.
我是第一个说话的,尝试让我自己更集中注意力。
I was in danger of being distracted by his livid,glorious face.
我在他青灰色光鲜的脸之下有分心的危险。
我面临着被他铁青着的,绝美的面孔分神的危险。
It was like trying to stare down a destroying angel.
就像是尝试去看低一个毁坏的天使一般。
就像是在盯着一个毁灭天使看,试图看得他垂下眼睛去一样。
"Why did you even bother?" I asked frigidly.
“为什么你那么麻烦?”我冷淡的问道。
“你何必这样自找麻烦?”我冷淡地问。