I'd never given much thought to how I would die —
我从来没有想过我会怎么样死
much thought 仔细思考
我从未仔细思考过,我将如何死去
though I'd had reason enough in the last few months —
尽管在最后的几个月我有足够的理由
but even if I had, I would not have imagined it like this.
但是即使我有,我也不会想象到会像这样。
I stared without breathing across the long room, into the dark eyes of the hunter, and he looked pleasantly back at me.
在猎人漆黑的眼睛之下,我窒息凝视着整个房间,他背朝着我看起来很友好
across the long room 长长房间的对面
looked pleasantly back at me 愉快的回视着我
Surely it was a good way to die, in the place of someone else, someone I loved.
当然这是一种很好的死亡方式,对于别人来说,特别是我爱的人。
in the place of 在。。。的地方
in the place of someone else 在别人的地方
显然,这是一种令人愉快的死亡方式:在别人的地方,我所爱的人的地方死去。
Noble, even. That ought to count for something.
甚至是nobel,他好像正在数着什么。
Noble 高尚的
That ought to count for something. 这应该是值得的
甚至是,高尚的。这应该是值得的。
I knew that if I'd never gone to Forks, I wouldn't be facing death now.
我知道如果我没有去过forks,我现在不会面对死亡。
But, terrified as I was, I couldn't bring myself to regret the decision.
但是,我害怕了,我却不能做让自己后悔的决定。
但是,尽管我十分恐惧,我依然无法让自己后悔这个决定。
When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it's not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end.
当生活给了你一个超过你所有期望的美梦,那么当它结束的时候你没有理由去哀悼。
life 命运
如果命运赐予你的美梦,远远超出了你所期待的那样美好,那么当它结束时你没有任何理由感到悲伤。
The hunter smiled in a friendly way as he sauntered forward to kill me.
猎人在我面前漫步的杀了我,露出友好的笑容。
捕猎者温柔地微笑着,漫步过来给我最后的死亡。