"All I know is that you weren't anywhere near me —
所有我知道的就是你当时不在我旁边的任何地方——
Tyler didn't see you,either, so don't tell me I hit my head too hard. That van was going to crush us both
Tyler也没有看见你,你别告诉我我头撞到的很严重。那辆卡车向我们撞过来
— and it didn't, and your hands left dents in the side of it —
但是没有撞到,你的手在卡车的一边留下了凹痕——
and you left a dent in the other car, and you're not hurt at all —
而且在另一辆车上也有凹痕,但是你一点也没受伤——
and the van should have smashed my legs, but you were holding it up…"
那辆卡车应该撞到我的腿,但是你把它抬起来了”
I could hear how crazy it sounded, and I couldn't continue.
我能听见我说的有多疯狂,我都不能继续了。
我知道这些话听起来有多疯狂,但我就是停不住。
I was so mad I could feel the tears coming; I tried to force them back by grinding myteeth together.
我是如此的生气我都能感觉我的眼泪要出来了;我努力咬紧我的牙齿让眼泪流回去。
我太生气了,我能感觉到眼泪就要掉下来了。我咬着牙,努力把眼泪逼回去。
He was staring at me incredulously. But his face was tense, defensive.
他不相信的盯着我。但是他的脸很紧绷,表现出防御的姿态。
他用不相信的眼神看着我。但他的脸绷紧着,防备着。
"You think I lifted a van off you?" His tone questioned my sanity, but it only made me more suspicious.
“你认为我让卡车不撞到你的吗?”他的语气好像是怀疑我的理智,但是这样我更加产生怀疑。
“你认为我把一辆货车从你身上举起来?”他的语气是在质疑我的神智是否正常,但这让我更起了疑心。
It was like a perfectly delivered line by a skilled actor.
这就像一个记忆娴熟的演员一般完美的表演。
这话听起来像是一个娴熟的演员所说的完美的台词。
I merely nodded once, jaw tight.
我仅仅点了一次头,下巴还是紧绷的。
我只是点了点头,下巴一紧。