zoukankan      html  css  js  c++  java
  • Diet

    Dialogue 1   Healthy diet 关于健康饮食

    F:Bob, look at this sentence. 'Healthy eating is not about strict nutrition philosophies, staying unrealistically thin, or depriving yourself of foods you love.' It's interesting, isn't it?  鲍勃,听听这个句子:健康的饮食不是指那些严格的营养哲学,不切实际的瘦身或是不吃自己爱吃的食物。”这听起来蛮有意思的,是不是?

    M:I'd rather say it's confusing. what are those 'strict nutrition philosophies' about?  我倒是不明白。什么叫“那些严格的营养哲学”?

    F:I believe they are careful calculations on proteins, vitamins and calories.  我觉得是指仔细计算蛋白质,维生素和卡路里的摄人量。

    M:Probably, Rose. That must be the job of nutritionists.  有道理,露丝。那都是营养学家该干的事。

    F:Healthy eating is not about depriving oneself of the foods one loves. So we are free to have whatever foods we love. It is unbelievable.   健康的饮食不是指不吃自己爱吃的食物,那就是说我们就能随便吃自己爱吃的食物了?真是难以置信。

    M:Oh, believe it or not, I came across an article the other day, saying that pizza is a healthy food.  哎,不管你相信与否,前几天我还读到一篇文章说比萨也是健康食品。

    F:Seriously?  真的吗?

    M:Yes, I felt exactly the same way as you did just now. Scientists must be crazy in saying so.  是啊,我当时的反应和你一样,觉得科学家都疯了。

    F:Maybe nowadays people hold different opinions on healthy diet.  也许现在对健康饮食的看法真是因人而异了。

    M:Absolutely right. I myself sometimes believe that healthy eating is just about feeling great. As long as I have enough energy, it's fine.  是这样的。我有时候觉得吃得健康就是自己感觉好罢了。只要我精力充沛,就可以了。

    F:But one must have some basic ideas about nutrition and find the best way for the nutrients to work out for the body.  但是我们还是要掌握一些基本的营养知识,使各种营养元素在我们的身体中发挥作用。

     
    Dialogue 2   At a Chinese restaurant  在中餐馆

    A:It's very nice of you to invite me.  你真是太好了,请我来做客。

    B:I'm very glad you could come, Mr. Liu. Will you take a seat at the head of the table? It's an informal dinner, please don't stand on ceremony... Mr. Liu, would you like to have some chicken?  刘先生,您能来我很高兴,请上坐。这是一次家常便饭,请大家别客气。刘先生,要吃点鸡肉吗?

    A:Thank you. This is my first time to come to a Chinese restaurant. Could you tell me the different features of Chinese food?  谢谢,这是我第一次来中餐馆,请给我讲讲中国菜的不同特色好吗?

    B:Generally speaking, Cantonese food is a bit light; Shanghai food is rather oily; and Hunan dishes are very spicy, having a strong and hot taste.  一般来讲,广东菜清淡一些;上海菜比较油腻:湖南菜香味浓,辣味很重。

    A:Chinese dishes are exquisitely prepared, delicious, and very palatable. They are very good in colour,flavour,and taste.  中国菜做得很精细,色、香、味俱全。

    B:Mr. liu, would you care for another helping?  刘先生,再来一点吧?

    A:No more, thank you. I'm quite full.  不啦,谢谢。我已经够饱了。

    B:Did you enjoy the meal?  您吃得怎么样?

    A:It's the most delicious dinner I've had for a long time. It's such a rich dinner.  好久没有吃过这样美味的饭莱了。这顿饭莱太丰盛了。

    B:I'm so glad you like it.  你能喜欢,我不胜荣幸。

    A:Thank you very much for your hospitality.  谢谢你的盛情款待。

    Dialogue 3  The American fast food culture 美国快餐文化

    T:Catherine, have you ever seen the movie Fast Food Nation? 凯瑟琳,你看过电影《快餐帝国》吗?

    C:Yes, I remember it was inspird by a New York Times best-seller of the same name. 我看过,是根据同名的《纽约时报》畅销书改编的.

    T:It's very thought-provoking, isn't it? 我觉得它很发人深省。

    C:Exactly. It reveals the dark side of the all-American meal. 是的,它揭示了美国饮食的阴暗面。

    T:So what do you think of the American fast food culture? 那你是怎么看待美国快餐文化的呢?

    C:I think America rcally deserves the name of "fast food nation- as peopIe can find McDonald ' s, KFC and Pizza Hut almost all over the States. 我觉得美国是名副其实的“怏餐帝国一美国的各个角落几乎都有麦当劳、肯德基和必胜客。

    T:And everyone knows that Americans' favorite food is the hamburger, isn't it? 而且大家都知道美国人最爱吃汉堡包.

    C:Sure. You see, Tom, fast food is a lifestyle that craves convenience. People just don't care whether it is healthy or not. 是啊,汤姆你看,快餐就是一种崇尚简便的生活方式,人们才不在乎健不健康昵。

    T:But I think some healthy menu options are also served at fast food restaurants.. 但是我觉得快餐店里还是有一些健康菜的.

    C:What are they? 都有些什么呢?

    T:Such as fat-free milk, whole-wheat rolls and fish sandwich. 像脱脂奶、全麦卷和烤鱼三明治之类的.

    C:They're much better 这些东西就好多了.

    T:But I'm not sure if they're well-rcceived. 但是我不太确定它们会不会受欢迎.

    C:That's the point. People usually don't have much time to think about it when they have a on-the-go meal. 这就是问题的关键.人们只想随便吃点的话,一般不会花时间去考虑吃什么。

    T:Well,Amcricans may need to find a way to make the most of their fast foods. 嗯,美国人或许该想想怎样才能做出最健康的快餐来.

    C:I suppose so. 我也这么认为。

    Dialogue 4  We can try Yuanyang pot 我们这次可以试试鸳鸯火锅

    A:I'm so hungry. Shall we go eat now, Rick? 我好饿啊!瑞克,我们现在去吃饭吧.

    R:Sure. Where do you want to go? Are you in the mood for anything in particular? 好啊.我们上哪儿吃呢?你想吃点什么?

    A:How about some dumplings? I just can't get enough of them. 饺子怎么样?我总是百吃不厌.

    R:Dumplings again?! Oh, Amy, let's try something new! 又吃饺子?哦,埃米,为什么不吃点别的?

    A:Well, what do you have in mind? 你有什么建议吗?

    R:How about the Mongolian hot pot? 火锅怎么样?

    A:Oh, it's too spicy for me. Don't you remember last time when I tasted the lamb? It Was so spicy my eyes teared up! 啊,我觉得太辣了.难道你忘了上次我尝了口羊肉,就辣的我直流眼泪?

    R:Maybe we can try 'Yuanyang pot' this time. You can choose the non-spicy soup base. 我们这次可以试试”鸳鸯锅”.你可以选不辣的底锅.

    A:Sounds great. Do they serve noodles? I am in the mood for some tasty noodles as well. 听起来不错.那里有面条卖吗?我还想吃点面条.

    R:Yes. The sliced noodles they offer are among the most authentic Shanxi cuisines. 有啊,那儿的刀削面还是正宗的山西口味呢.

    A:Great. Let's go! 不错,那我们走吧.

    R:Wait a minute. Let me throw on a sweater. 等一下,我换身衣服.

     

    Dialogue 5    Have you ever tried steamed fish?  你吃过清蒸鱼吗

    M:Good evening, Salia. What's that wonderful aroma from your kitchen? What are you doing now?  晚上好,莎莉亚。从你厨房里传来的奇妙香味是什么?你在做什么呀?

    F:I am cooking now! 我正在炒菜。

    M:Are you good at cooking? 你擅长烹调吗?

    F:I have studied its skills recently at a training school. I plan to run a restaurant, so I have to practise cooking! 我最近在一家培训学校学习烹调技巧,打算开一家餐馆,因此我不得不练习练习。

    M:It is a good idea. What dish are you cooking now?! 这个主意好。你现在在炒什么菜?

    F:I am steaming fish in a pressure cooker. Have you ever tried steamed fish? 我用高压锅清蒸鱼。你吃过清蒸鱼吗?

    M:Yes, I have. But the taste of steamed fish at that restaurant is not delicious. The fish is not well-done and too salty. 吃过。但是那家餐馆的清蒸鱼味道不是很可口。鱼肉不太熟且味道太咸。

    F:That's the case. I think there is not enough time to steam it and soy sauce is too much. 原来这样。我认为,清蒸时间不够,且酱油放得太多。

    M:I have the same idea as yours. 我也这么想。

    F:It's OK. Please have a taste of it. 行了。请尝尝我清蒸的鱼。

    M:Thank you. Oh,it's very delicious. 谢谢你。噢,味道好极了。

    F:Thank you for your praise. 谢谢你的夸奖。

    M:Besides steamed fish, what else are you good at cooking? 除了清蒸鱼外,你还有些什么拿手菜呢?

    F:I am good at stewing beef with potato, frying chicken, hot and sour soup etc. 我还会做土豆炖牛肉、炸鸡、酸辣汤等。

    M:So many dishes. Next Friday week is my birthday. I would like to invite you to cook for my dinner party, OK? 会这么多菜。下周五是我生日。我想邀请你为生日晚宴掌勺,行吗?

    F:Why not? It is a good opportunity for me to practise cooking. 为什么不可以呢?这是我练习烹调的好机会。

    M:Thanks a lot. 非常感谢。

    F:It's my pleasure. 应该的。

    Dialogue 6  I feel like having some dumplings  我想吃饺子

    A:What do you want to eat today? 今天你想吃什么?

    B:I feel like having some dumplings. Let's go out to eat. 我很想吃饺子。那咱们出去吃吧。

    A:No need! I know how to make dumplings. Let's do it from scratch. Can you give me a hand in the kitchen? I don't think I can finish everything by myself. 不用了。我会包饺子,我们自己做吧。能到厨房搭把手吗? 我一个人忙不过来。

    B:Of course. What do you want me to do? 当然可以了。你让我做什么?

    A:Just trim vegetables for cooking. I will cut up the meat. 择菜吧。我去剁肉。

    B:I can do that. And I would like to make dumplings later. 我会做这些。稍后我还要 包饺子呢。

    A:Yeah, you are my good helper, Steven. 是啊,史蒂文,你真是我的好助手啊。

    B:Absolutely. 那是当然。

    Dialogue 7  Drinking wine in western and Chinese banquet 中西方酒宴上喝酒

    Y:What reasons do westerners drink for? 西方人喝酒是为了什么?

    B:I don't think drinking requires any special purposes. For us people in the West, the purpose is generally quite simple-to savor the wine. 其实,我认为喝酒应该就是喝酒,不为别的.对于我们西方人来说,目的是很明确的——品酒。

    Y:I know what you mean there. In many circumstances, people kiss the baby for the nurse's sake. And that's what we do when drinking at a banquet. Even though we do have a rich variety of brand-name wines,like Maotai and Shaoxing Yellow Rice Wine, alcohol is usually served not for the enjoyment itself. We just be its Dionysus effect to enliven the atmosphere, improve personal association with each other and solidify friendship. 我明白你的意思。许多情况都是醉翁之意不在洒.我们 中国人酒宴上就是这样.尽管我们名酒不少,如茅台,绍兴黄酒,我们喝酒并不是为了享受酒本身,我们是利用酒神效应,活跃活跃气氛,彼此之间增进交情。

    B:And to make matters worse, you're urged to drink "one more cup time and again.There is too much etiquette to observe. You'II be set free at a Western banquet It seems we are keen to make it convenient as possible to savor the wine, its color, its aroma and its delicate taste. 更糟的是,经常被人劝酒:“再来一杯嘛!”要注意的礼节太多.可是一到西式酒宴上,你可就自由了-我们乐于为品酒创造便利,品味酒的颜色、气味和口感。

    Y:Yeah. It's of supreme importance that the goblet, table-cloth, and plates should be made shiningly clean, so that the color of the wine is clearly visible and the delicate aroma and taste are fully appreciable. 是的。所以有一点非常重要,那就是酒杯、桌布和盘子都要擦洗得一尘不染,为的就是使酒的颜色清楚可见.酒的口感和气味再微妙也能感受出来.

    B:Yes. For me, who can't hold much liquor, it's particularly agreeable. If only I had thechance to enjoy Chinese Maotai at a leisured pace while sitting at a Western banquet! 这对于我这个喝不了多少的人来说挺好的.要是我能在西式酒宴上—杯一杯悠哉悠哉地地品尝中国茅台那就再好不过了。

    Dialogue 8  Dining at a Chinese table 和中国人一桌吃饭

    L:(Having lunch with Joseph) Have you ever been invited to a Chinese feast? 你被邀请过吃中国式的午餐吗?

    J:Sure. Beijingers are distinguished for their warmth and hospitality. 当然了,北京人的热情好客是出了名的.

    L:As far as you could see, is dining at a Chinese table a distinct experience? To what extent does it differ from that in your homeland? 你觉得跟一桌中国人吃饭是不是很不一样?跟你在你自己的国家吃饭有哪些不同呢?

    J:To begin with, I have to use chopsticks. 首先,我得改用筷子.

    L:But you look quite proficient in using them now. 可是,你看起来用筷子用的很熟练嘛.

    J:Certainly. After all, I've been here for two years. It's not much uphill work for a foreigner to get used to Chinese dinner utensils. Though, I do feel hazy about how to behave appropriately at a Chinese dinner table. 当然了,怎么着我也在这里呆了2年了.我们老外用惯中式餐具倒也不是什么难事,但是在中国人的餐桌上,我经常感觉到无所适从.

    L:Yes, table etiquette. There are a multitude of rules that foreigners might never know until they were told. Some practices even appear somewhat awkward or rude to Westerners, while they are the norm in China. Hey, your chopsticks, old silly! You should not stab them vertically into the rice bow! 不错,餐桌上的礼仪.吃饭时,有很多规矩,我们不说,老外们就不知道.其中有一点,在中国早已司空见惯,可是对于老外来说,有点让人不舒服,甚至有点粗暴无礼.喂喂喂,老兄,注意你的筷子!直插在米饭里可不好!

    J:Anything strange about that? 这个有什么不对吗?

    L:Maybe you should have placed them horizontally over your bowl or plate. They resemble two incense sticks used at sacrifices. It's very inauspicious, and might enrage all present. 也许你应该把它们平放在碗或者盘子上.要不然它们看上去就像2根香烛,不吉利,在座的所有人都会不高兴的.

    J:Oh, sorry! There's a long story even with a mere pair of sticks. 对不起,对不起!没想到连一双筷子都有这么多奥秘.

    Dialogue 9   A table overlooking the river  临河的座位

    A:This is Hilton Hotel. Can I help you?  这里是希尔顿饭店,请问您有什么需要?

    B:Yes. I'd like to book a table for dinner this evening.  我想预订今天的晚餐的座位。

    A:All right. And what time would you like your table?  好的,什么时候需要?

    B:Perhaps 7:30.  大概七点半。

    A:OK. But how many are there in your party?   好的,请问你们几个人用餐?

    B:A party of eight.  8个人。

    A:All right. Is there anything else I can do for you?  好的,请问你还有什么要求吗?

    B:Can you arrange a table overlooking the river? We'd like to enjoy the evening view.  希望您能给我安排一个临河的位置.我们想欣赏一下夜景。

    A:No problem. I'll arrange one for you.  没问题,我会为您安排的。

    B:That's great. Thank you. By the way, how late are you open until?  那太好了,谢谢你。顺便 问一句,你们晚上营业到几点?

    A:We are open until midnight. Would you give me your name?  我们一直营业到午夜。请问你贵姓?

    B:Steven Smith.  史蒂文·史密斯。

    C:OK. Steven Smith, a table for eight at about 7:30 this evening.  好的。史蒂文·史密斯,八人桌,今晚七点半。

    B:Thank you very much. Goodbye!  非常感谢,再见!

    Dialogue 10  A table for two, please  请安排一张两人用餐的桌子

    A:A table for two, please.  请安排一张两人用餐的桌子。

    B:All right. How about this one by the window?  行。你们用这张靠窗的桌子,好吗?

    A:Thank you. It's fine.  谢谢,很好。

    B:May I take your order now, sir?  先生,现在可以请您点菜了吗?

    A:What do you recommend? We'd like some of your local specialities.  你推荐些什么?我们想要一些你们的特色菜。

    B:Our restaurant is famous for its seafood.  我们的餐馆以海味闻名。

    A:One cream of fish soup and two portions of prawns.  来一份奶油鱼汤再来两份对虾。

    B:Shrimp salad is our speciality, tooB.  虾仁色拉也是我们的特色菜。

    A:No, I think it's enough.  不用了,我想够了。

    B:What would you like to drink?  想喝点什么?

    A:A juice and a coke.  一杯果汁,一杯可乐。

  • 相关阅读:
    vim配置
    Linux命令博客目录
    操作系统博客目录
    Docker基础命令(快速入门)
    MQTT遗愿(last will) paho.mqtt实现
    Docker使用阿里云镜像加速器
    汉诺塔问题(递归)
    Qt使用QJSEngine执行脚本
    mysql修改密码,开放远程访问权限
    mysql数据库表数据导出与导入
  • 原文地址:https://www.cnblogs.com/try-again/p/5036472.html
Copyright © 2011-2022 走看看